Safe and Sober Grad Night:
- Parents of all grade levels can volunteer for senior tradition; planning meeting kicks off Monday, February 7
- After a two-year hiatus, Safe and Sober Grad Night is being planned for our seniors! The PTSA is currently assembling a 2022 committee and needs your help. Choose which part of the action you’d like to lead, from entertainment to memory collage to publicity and cleanup. Staffing from all grade levels is welcomed, especially from those undergraduate parents who’d like a chance to pay it forward.
- If you’re interested in being a part of the PTSA’s Grad Night team, please contact Lisa Converse at email@example.com or at 415-722-1496
Teen Summer Opportunity Fair
- February 12, 1-3pm via Zoom – for teens and parents alike.
- To be held online, we encourage parents to attend with their student, who will be able to talk directly with representatives from the organizations. Please register ahead of time so the PTSA is able to plan accordingly. Register here
- If you’d like to help with the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
TUHSD Wellness Presents “Escape the Vape”
- Tuesday, February 8, 7-8 p.m. Via Zoom
- TUHSD Wellness invites parents/caregivers to learn exactly what e-cigarettes and cannabis vapes are, how the devices work, and which are the most popular among teens.
- The discussion will touch on the most up-to-date health implications, on nicotine, and environmental impacts and disposal of products. It will also focus on the marketing tactics tobacco companies use to sell their products and appeal to young people, including flavorings and social-media marketing. Additional topics will include the regulation of these products and the resources available to help student cessation efforts.
- Valuable information for parents/caregivers in advance of the presentation includes: a previously recorded “Let’s Talk Vaping” presentation; a list of FAQs and articles; and cessation resources